can we save the Tabbed doc info?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by bharath
Hello All,

i have a query regarding the docking functionality. If i have 5 tabbed documents and i close my application , do i have any option to save the layout so that the next time i can start my application form there??

Thanks in Advance

Bharath

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bharath,

Unfortunately right now it will only store tool window data. We have a TODO list item to store MDI area data as well.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by bharath
Hello All,

I could save the form contents in an xml and load the same from the xml file, but i have saved the contents as the main windows as standard mdi files when i loaded back from the xml it is showing them as tabbed controls . Am i missing something over here.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Bharath
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bharath,

If you create a DocumentWindow and just call Activate on it (this is for after reloading persisted data), then it should activate it either as a tab or as a standard MDI window depending on which MDI host you currently have in your Workspace. Do you have the TabbedMdiHost in there? If so, newly activated documents will be tabbed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bharath,

ust fyi, we've added support for serializing/deserializing the entire DockSite layout (including the Workspace), in addition to a number of other features.

You can see this in action in the current version of WPF Studio.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.