Saving the document Layout details.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by bharath
Version: 4.5.0480
Hello All,

I am trying to save the layout information, i am successful in saving the toolwindow layout information , but i am unable to save the document window information and retrieve the save from the external file.
Am i suppose to set any of the attributes for that ??

Thanks in advance

Bharath

Comments (6)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bharath,

Saving document layout info isn't an option yet in this version but we do have it on the TODO list. Right now it only saves tool window info.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Eric Rasmussen - Software Engineer, SBIR
Can you please tell me when this will be implemented. I am attempting to switch from a competitor's dock manager to you'rs.
Lack of this feature is preventing the move.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eric,

For the next month or two, we're tied up with these items:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2010/03/16/What-wee28099re-working-on-in-early-2010.aspx

After that, we'll likely get back into some new Docking/MDI features. Document layout saving is one of the top TODO items on our list for that product since it has been requested by numerous customers.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by mark
Hi,

Is there a workaround for this? i.e. can we achieve the same manually somehow until its fixed in the product?

cheers
Hi Mark,

The layout file is just XML. Really you could iterate through the tabbed MDI hierarchy (TabbedMdiHost, TabbedMdiContainer, DockingWindow) and save your own custom XML at the same time, then read that back out when you go to reload a layout and try to position things in the same place. That's effectively what we'll be doing when we implement this too although we will have the data all in the main layout XML file.

Once our Silverlight controls are out we plan on starting a new round of Docking updates and document layout saving is one item we will address.

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Just fyi, we've added support for serializing/deserializing the entire DockSite layout (including the Workspace), in addition to a number of other features.

You can see this in action in the current version of WPF Studio.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.