How to size the DigitalGauge

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Crile Carvey
Version: 4.5.0484
Hello,

There is something odd about sizing the DigitalGauge.

1. The Height and Width seem to be critical - I would have thought omitting them would work, but if I do, nothing at all gets displayed.

2. Height and Width only change the characters, not the enclosing box.

3. LayoutTransform yields weird results. See below - why doesn't it just scale the whole gauge?

Can you explain?

Crile

<gauge:DigitalGauge x:Name="gauge" Height="100" Width="200" HorizontalAlignment="Left" CharacterPadding="15" CharacterSpacing="10" SkewAngleX="-7" DimmedBrush="#282828" CharacterCount="4" Background="#303030" IsBackgroundEffectEnabled="False" CharacterType="Segment7Normal" Foreground="#D20000" Value = "00:00">
    <gauge:DigitalGauge.LayoutTransform>
        <ScaleTransform ScaleX="0.9" ScaleY="0.9" />
    </gauge:DigitalGauge.LayoutTransform>
</gauge:DigitalGauge>

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Crile,

1. The gauge controls are currently unable to determine the minimize size need to display their content. Therefore, an explicit Width/Height must be specified. You only need to specify the Width/Height directly on the gauge control when used in a container that would otherwise give unlimited size (e.g. StackPanel, ScrollViewer).

2&3. I'm not seeing any issue with setting the Width/Height with your code snippet. When adjust these properties (or using a LayoutTransform), the gauge is properly sized (this includes the frame and the digital characters). If you can send a complete sample project that reproduces the issue to our support address, I can take a look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0682) was released 26 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.