Embedding items in gauges question

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by D
Version: 4.5.0482
I have been trying to embed some items into a circular gauge today, and I hope my problems are not just user error. I've been trying to make curved text (text on a path), which involves creating a customized element, from what I can tell. So I'm trying to embed this customized text on a path into a gauge and have it sit on top of a pointer "knob". While I can make my customized element show up correctly on the background of the gauge, as soon as I add the "knob," it seems impossible to bring my element to the front. The knob just stays on top, despite any rearranging and ZIndex modifications that I try.

To make sure I was doing everything correctly, I tried embedding a digital gauge on a circular gauge. This works...the digital gauge displays on top of the circular gauge background, and when I add the knob to the circular gauge, the digital gauge displays correctly on top. Next, I tried adding a textblock to the circular gauge. It displays correctly on the background of the circular gauge, but it remains hidden behind the knob and I can't bring it to the front, otherwise. Is there something else I need to set specially for this to work?

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I just tried adding a TextBlock and a Path using a (random) ZIndex of 8 and it always appears on top of any knobs.

Could you please put together a sample project that shows this issue and send it over to our support address?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.