Window state for Document window

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0482
Hi,

I am creating document window programmatically within Standard MDI in my application.

Each time I create a new document window its state and location is same as the previous window closed or similar like the last created window.

But I want to open the newly created window in maximize mode.

Is there any property to set the document window state as WindowState property in Normal Windows. Or any other way to achieve this.

Thanks

Anurodh

Comments (6)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Anurodh,

Yes I believe you can set the StandardMdiHost.AreWindowsMaximized property to true and then activate your document.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

1. But my problem remains same.

I have tried with the Sample Project of StandardMDIOnly also and its not working there too.

The Scenario to reproduce this in Sample Project is that,

Call the CreateTextDocumentWindow() in OnLoaded event.
Comment out all the Document windows creating at design time.

Add the following line in CreateTextDocumentWindow()

this.standardMdiHost.AreWindowsMaximized = true;
Run the sample for StandardMDIOnly example and from File->New create new window, it is in Restore mode not in Maximize mode.

2. One more think to ask that the Window Icon is also not displaying after assigning the image to document window. Event in the Sample Project it is not displaying.

Please look into these issues.

Thanks

Anurodh

[Modified at 03/17/2009 06:01 AM]
Hi Anurodh,

I just tested and it's working fine, please be sure you have the latest maintenance release. This was something that was fixed already.

The icons don't yet display in standard MDI Windows. It's something we have on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I have tried with latest released version but the problem still persist.

I have try with both XAML and Code behind by setting the property

AreWindowsMaximized = true;

But it is not working at all.

Please look in to it.

Thanks

Anurodh
Anurodh,

We've made a code change for the next maintenance release that allows it to be set in XAML before the controls are loaded. Accordingly windows will appear maximized on load if it is set to true.

Actipro Software Support

Quote:
2. One more think to ask that the Window Icon is also not displaying after assigning the image to document window. Event in the Sample Project it is not displaying.

Just fyi, we've added support for icons to our WindowControl (which is used by our standard MDI host) in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.