WindowActivating??

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Eli Gazit - CEO, Softwear Suit Ltd
Hi, I need to support GUI change when the Active window is changed.
For simplicity let's assume setting the window document title in the status bar.

I want to change the gui only when I activate a new DocumentWindow or switching between Documentwindows!!!
In reality the _dockSite.WindowActivated is fired even when focus is being switched from a ToolWindow to a document window. How can I prevent this and get the behavior I need?

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

Right now WindowActivated fires when any new docking window (document or tool window) gains focus. We have an item on our TODO list to add an event for when the current document changes. We are just getting into a round of Docking/MDI updates now and that is one we hope to get done soon. Keep an eye on new releases since this should make it in soon.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Eli Gazit - CEO, Softwear Suit Ltd
Thank you, what a great package.
an the fact that you keep our needs on your thoughts is amazing.
Keep up the good work guys.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

We've added a concept of the "primary window" to our MDI hosts. The primary window is the currently selected window in the host. For tabbed MDI, which can have several selected windows at once, the primary document is the one that was selected/activated last. There is also an associated event that you can listen for.

We've added a QuickStart to show how this can be used. This will all be available in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.