Error with controls in designer view

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Christopher Hujanen
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
I have installed the latest (487) release just last night (this is the first use of the beta controls for me). When I drag a control such as DateTimeEditBox (looks like anything derived from PartEditBox) from the toolbox in Visual Studio onto a window, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Error Dialog
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.MultiDataTrigger' to type 'System.Windows.Trigger'.
OK

I can drag the controls directly to the XAML pane, and things work that way just fine. And when I compile/run, things work as expected. But whenever I try to manipulate the control in the visual designer view, that same error pops up (like if I try to resize the control, etc.).

Is this a known issue, or do I have some sort of conflict on my system?

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christopher,

We tried on a couple computers here and had another customer try it too and none of us had any issues. None of us have seen that error before. In our code checks we found all MultiDataTriggers are properly in Triggers collections too. So unfortunately I'm not sure what to tell you on this one.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Hi Christopher,

This is a bug in the WPF designer, and it has been addressed in hotfix KB963676. Currently, there is no hotfix available for Windows 7, but one will be shipped with the final Windows 7 release.

Regards,
Mike
Posted 14 years ago by Kevin Carroll - Sr. Vice President, Sign Management Consultants, Inc.
Is there a Windows 7 hotfix available yet? We are evaluating the current latest version (9.1.0507) and are still experiencing this problem.

Thanks,
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kevin,

I'd recommend asking this on a Microsoft forum, this was suppose to be included in the RTM version of Windows 7.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vswpfdesigner/thread/a549d781-81ac-43a8-8739-42d27287e11d

Are you reproducing the issue using the steps described above? Also what version of Windows 7 are you running?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.