Some feature questions

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by wpf.acp
Version: 9.1.0500
Hi,

I am currently evaluating your WPF library. So far so good, but I am either missing some important features or I am just being blind.

1) DockingWindow has a Title string property. I need something like a HeaderedContentControl.Header property so I can put arbitrary controls there. Is this scenario supported in any way?

2) Is there an easy way to customize the look of tabs in MDI (shape, background, etc)?

3) Is there a way to have underscore shortcuts recognized in DockingWindow titles, especially when docked as a document?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello, let me answer your questions...

1) Not yet unfortunately however we'll add this to the TODO list.

2) Yes, you can do this by changing the styles/templates for the controls. If you are a customer, we're happy to send you the default styles/templates so you can clone and modify them. The shape right now uses a custom control to render it though but you could make your own to do a similar thing.

3) Hmmm... this would require changing the label in the docking window template to recognize access text (along the lines of #2) and probably to have the docking window would need to handle OnAccessKey.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by wpf.acp
No, I am not a customer yet. I am still evaluating...

Thanks for your response.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
For #1, we've updated both DocumentWindow and ToolWindow to derive from HeaderedContentControl, so now you can easily specify the content of the associated tabs. This will be available in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.