DocumentWindow Style

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Eli Gazit - CEO, Softwear Suit Ltd
When I create a document window style I lose the document window nice design (for the title).
Even in the simple code:

<Style x:Key="tabControlStyle" TargetType="{x:Type docking:DocumentWindow}">        
        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="14" />
        <Setter Property="Template">
            <Setter.Value>
                <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type docking:DocumentWindow}">
                    Here comes my content
                </ControlTemplate>
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>
I lose the nice background and colors the tab header has. Furthermore when I change the Theme I lose the automatic change of colors of that as well.
Is there a way to add a control template but not losing the design?
Maybe based the style on your style?

[Modified at 07/14/2009 03:19 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

If you are a WPF Studio customer the best way right now would be to get our default styles/templates (can be downloaded from your account) and modify them as needed.

One TODO item we have on our list is to allow custom content in the tabs. We have some ideas for this and do plan on trying to get it it soon so that modifying our default style/template isn't necessary. I'll add this forum post to the info for that TODO item so that we can post back when we implement it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Eli,

We've updated both DocumentWindow and ToolWindow to derive from HeaderedContentControl, so now you can easily specify the content of the associated tabs. This will be available in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.