Bugs in v9.1.0501

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Mike Strobel - Software Engineer, CDC Software
Version: 9.1.0501
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hey guys, nice work with the latest maintenance release. Just a couple bugs I've found so far:
  1. Performing a select-all, copy & paste into a ColorEditBox throws an exception (easily reproducable with the sample).
  2. If you do a select-all, copy on a TimeSpanEditBox with format 'g', only the first part ('+') gets copied to the clipboard.
Cheers,
Mike

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mike,

1. When we copy from the part group we also copy the underlying value, if it's serializable. I found that Color? is serializable, but Color is not. Since the ColorEditBox uses Color? as it's type, it was trying to copy/paste the Color value. For copy, the .Net framework seems to eat the exception, but for paste it does not. Regardless, I fixed this by ensuring that the underlying type of Color? (namely Color) is serializable also.

2. It appears that the sign part was the only one affect by this, and is ultimately caused by a bug in the code that converts the part's value back to a TimeSpan. I've fixed this as well.

Thanks for reporting these!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.