QuickInfo covers up caret location?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Kelly Leahy - Software Architect, Milliman
Version: 4.0.0273
We're using a pretty old build, so this question is twofold - (1) is this fixed already in a later build, and/or (2) is there something we should be doing on our side to make it work properly in the build we have?

Here's the details:
We have a syntax editor docked to the bottom of the screen and when you hover over a identifier in the window, the quickinfo popup for the identifier appears "on top of" the identifier, instead of below it (which doesn't make sense because it would be off screen) or above it (which I think would make sense - i.e. the bottom of the popup aligned to the top of the line containing the hover location).

I can provide a screenshot if desired, but I don't know where to put it...

Kelly Leahy Software Architect Milliman, USA

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kelly,

Thanks, we looked into this and just fixed it now for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Can you tell me an estimate of when this maintenance release will be released? I'm trying to do some release planning on our end.

Any word on a release date?

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kelly,

It probably wouldn't be for several weeks yet since we are still collecting changes. So likely in February timeframe.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.