PartEditBox as a ComboBox with CheckBox?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 9.2.0515
In running your sample browser, I had thought I saw a ComboBox with a CheckBox to handle nulls. But then I thought you PartEditBox could do It. I defined a DropDownContentTemplate as a ListBox and that gives me a list. But what then? My drop down list box does not select anything. Is it possible to make PartEditBox a ComboBox? I thought I could write my own class inherit TypedSpecificEditBoxBase(of Integer) (My SelectedValue is an integer), but I not should what I would need to do.
If you could point my in the right direction. Or just tell be it can't be done.

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

The PartEditBox is drastically different than the ComboBox, even though they may look similar. Your best bet would probably be to create a custom control template for the ComboBox that includes the CheckBox. You can get the default Styles/Themes from Microsoft from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa358533.aspx

[Modified at 02/26/2010 03:57 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by David Sherwood
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I'm ready to do Control Templates. I guess I'll stick with my separate button for now. Your CheckBox in a EditBox sure looks nice, though.
The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 9 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.