PartEditBox as a ComboBox with CheckBox?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 9.2.0515
In running your sample browser, I had thought I saw a ComboBox with a CheckBox to handle nulls. But then I thought you PartEditBox could do It. I defined a DropDownContentTemplate as a ListBox and that gives me a list. But what then? My drop down list box does not select anything. Is it possible to make PartEditBox a ComboBox? I thought I could write my own class inherit TypedSpecificEditBoxBase(of Integer) (My SelectedValue is an integer), but I not should what I would need to do.
If you could point my in the right direction. Or just tell be it can't be done.

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

The PartEditBox is drastically different than the ComboBox, even though they may look similar. Your best bet would probably be to create a custom control template for the ComboBox that includes the CheckBox. You can get the default Styles/Themes from Microsoft from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa358533.aspx

[Modified at 02/26/2010 03:57 PM]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by David Sherwood
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I'm ready to do Control Templates. I guess I'll stick with my separate button for now. Your CheckBox in a EditBox sure looks nice, though.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.