How to reset focus to property grid?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 9.2.0515
I have a property grid in a standard WPF tab control. When I switch tabs, the focus goes to the tab and not the control(s) inside the tab. When the user selects "Tab A", I want to reset focus to the property grid (and the selected item), so the keyboard works as expected. How can I?

I've seen some other posts on the forum where you indicate it is not possible to set focus back to a category item?

I'm interested in setting focus back to whatever item the user selected. This could be a category or a regular item.

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

The Setting Focus QuickStart shows how you can set the focus to various items in the PropertyGrid, but that can only be done after the PropertyGrid control has been loaded. You can alter the code to look for the PropertyGrid.SelectedItem object, instead of trying to find a specific property/category.

If you run into problems, please send a small sample project to our support address and we can take a look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.