How to set description to category?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Marcin Nowacki
Version: 9.2.0515
I need to set description to category. How to do it?

public class Test{
[Category("Cat1")]
public string {get;set;}
}
How to set description to Cat1?

--
Marcin Nowacki

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Marcin,

Unfortunately, you'd have to create a custom DataFactory for that. The main issue is even if there was a CategoryDescriptionAttribute (or CategoryAttribute accepted a description), you could have conflicting descriptions and you've have to set it for every property.

You would need to create a custom DataFactory (or one that derives from one of our existing factories) in order to set a description. Effectively, you'd create an object that extends CategoryDataAccessor and use that (with an appropriate description). Currently, you'd have to duplicate alot of logic built into the DataFactory to use your custom CategoryDataAccessor, while keeping the same functionality. For the 2010.1 release, I made a minor change to allow you to easily insert your custom CategoryDataAccessor.

When that is out, you'd create a class that derives from TypeDescriptorFactory (or TypeReflectionFactory) and then override the CreateCategoryDataAccessor method. In there you'd create a new instance of your custom CategoryDataAccessor.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Marcin Nowacki
That's great.
In that case I will wait for the 2010.1 release.
--
Marcin Nowacki
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.