Posted 14 years ago by Aled Hughes - Principal Software Engineer, Control Techniques Ltd.
Version: 10.1.0521
Hi,

Will the WPF Studio 2010 work with just the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile installed, or would it require the full .NET4 framework deployment? I'm hoping it's the former as it significantly reduces the deployment size.

Cheers,
aled.

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Aled,

Yes, WPF Studio will work on the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Our assemblies require the CLR and WPF, which are both included in the client profile. You can see what client profile doesn't have at the following link, which includes things like ASP.NET and WCF:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc656912.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Aled Hughes - Principal Software Engineer, Control Techniques Ltd.
Hi,
Thanks for that. I gave it a test yesterday on a clean XP virtual machine, and it did work fine though it was only a basic test. My concern was whether there were any fringe cases for certain controls that could potentially pull in assemblies that are not part of the client profile (e.g. design time stuff but I think that's more of an issue to Winforms controls not WPF).
Cheers,
aled.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.