Wizard component deployment question

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Kriller - Copenhagen, Denmark

Hello,

I'm currently working on a large scale enterprise solution, which basically is a smart client content and feature provider framework, with a central content server (asp.net) backend server.

The framework makes it possible to add plugins (among other things, such as documents etc.) to the client, by uploading them to the server. The next time the user hits the synchronize-button in the klient, the plugin is transferred to the klient, for immediate use by the user, and thereby also making the content/feature available in offline mode.

Now, the issue rises for a smarter input method in some of the plugins, and I came across your Wizard component, which looks very promising. Currently, we merge several ddl's into one when needed. A bit teadious, yes, but we accept it until we expand the plugin architecture further.

Now, the question is: Are there any legal or technical issues regarding the "inclusion" of your components into one of our plugins as part of a new feature? Please keep in mind, that there's no traditional "point of registration/installation" when expanding the client with new features. I've downloaded the evaluation copy, and have read the section on licensing in the documentation. My questions are partially answered, but I hope you can clarify in the context of the described needs.

I look forward to your answer - thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Chris

[Modified 1 year ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
So you are essentially just making small mini-application plugins and a main application downloads those dynamically to use them... and Wizard would be used in the plugins? I don't see any issue with that as long as you have the proper amount of developer licenses.

You will need to make sure that each plugin assembly has a licenses.licx entry containing a reference to the Wizard control so that the license for Wizard will be compiled into each assembly. But if you do that, it should work.

Let me know if I'm missing anything that you think could cause an issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.