Licences.licx Entry?

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by John Barone - Washington, DC
I just purchased a license for the Wizard control (v3.0.0103). I downloaded the file from the customer support site, and entered my license key when prompted during the install.

I ran the sample application, and noticed that there was an entry in the licenses.licx file for the Wizard. But when I add a wizard form to my app, there is no entry. I even did a full rebuild to force licences.licx to refresh.

Is there supposed to be an entry? Or is the entry in the sample app a holdover?

TIA,
John Barone

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You may have to manually copy the licenses.licx entry over from our sample project to yours. Make sure you do have it though, because if it's not there, the license data won't be compiled into your application.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by John Barone - Washington, DC
Thanks for the very quick reply. A couple things:

1. Shouldn't the licenses.licx entry be generated without my input? If so, could there be something wrong with my setup?

2. There are other entries in my existing licenses.licx file, so I can't just copy the file. Can I just copy over the line from the sample project?

John Barone

[ 02-24-2005: Message edited by: John Barone ]
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I've never been able to figure out what causes the line to be automatically generated by VS.NET. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So it's safest to copy the line from our licenses.licx file and paste it in your licenses.licx file. As long as you have the lines for our controls that are in our sample project's licenses.licx in yours, you are good to go. It's fine to have other entries in there as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.