Posted 19 years ago by JMichelson
Hello.

I'm using ver. 3.0.0.120 of the wizard control and I'm experiencing a strange problem. On my simple four-page wizard, page three is a user control that contains a (third-party) grid control and an UltraComboBox. The last page contains the FINISH button which, when clicked, does data validation and generates a MESSAGEBOX if the data on the form does not validate.

The problem occurs when, on the last page, a MESSAGEBOX is generated because the form does not validate. Now, after I navigate back to page three, the navigation buttons on page three are all fouled up. The NEXT button is disabled (it shouldn't be) and when I try to click on the BACK button, the page does not navigate back and the BACK button simply disables itself. Now, I'm stuck, I can't move off the page - UNTIL I ACTUALLY CLICK INSIDE EITHER THE GRID CONTROL OR THE ULTRACOMBOBOX on the user control that is on page three. When I do that, the navigation buttons are restored to their proper states and I can proceed.

Trying to fix the problem by programmatically setting the button states on page three does not work.

I know that this is a strange error, but I've discribed it as best as I can. If you need additional information about the form, please let me know and I'll clarify.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thanks. Jeff

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jeff,

If you have some control over the validation code for those third-party controls, I would suggest that you only execute it when the page containing the controls is selected. That is probably what is causing the problem. You are most likely still validating the controls even though they are no longer visible.

If this is not the case, then it would help if you could send over a small sample project that demonstrates the issue. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.