Artificial Horizon

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by John Jeffery
Version: 10.1.0523
I notice from the promotional information that there are a series of aircraft cockpit displays. Has anybody developed an artifical horizon?

Comments (9)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

We don't currently have a sample like that, but have marked down a TODO item. It should be possible to build one using a CircularGauge and one or more "custom" pointers (that replicate the horizon look). You may also need to apply a RenderTransform on the pointer to "move" it up/down.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mike Marshall
Has there has been any work on including this type of control?

If so, is there a proposed release date as we are going to start developing our own and it would be wasted work if you guys are already on the case !

Thanks
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mike,

Sorry but we haven't started on that sort of control, so you should probably build it yourself.

Actipro Software Support

Here is a video of my first attempt.

I am sending updates once every 5 seconds so it doesn't move too much but looks great when connected in the live system :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9qG-QIxE4
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mike,

That looks great, nice job!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by John Jeffery
Looks good Mike. What are your plans for this?
I'm a project manager for an aerospace company and this gauge is part of a whole suite of flight controls we use for command and control of our products.
Posted 13 years ago by John Jeffery
Mike,

I would be interested to see how these controls can integrate into our flight modelling and aircraft design software. We would be able to plug in our software and sim your designs prior to flight. What company do you work for,I assume by youyr comments that you are developing UAVs. If you want to talk to me outside of this forum, please let me know and I will send you my email.

www.j2aircraft.com
Hi John,

I'd rather take any detailed discussion off line, so feel free to contact me on mike @ ksportz.com

Regards

Mike
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.