Gauge Performance / Disappearing Posts?

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Berney Villers
Hello,

Eval user here.

I sent in a long-winded post earlier, but it seems to be missing!

I don't have the energy to re-explan it all again. In short, I'm trying to update the gauges rapidly. With animation disabled, the gauge is consuming 2% CPU. I need 10 or more of these running at the same time. This doesn't scale well in my scenario.

Is there anything at all thatg I can do to trim the CPU consumtion a bit? I really want to be able tio use these gauges in my project.

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Berney,

Strange, we don't see any sign of your post and haven't had any reports of previous issues from other customers. We also get email notifications for all posts, which we also did not receive for your other post.

As for you question, other than disabling animations you can use the RefreshRate on the pointer elements to throttle the number of updates that are actually displayed. The refresh rate will only update the display based on the specified interval, so the end-user has a chance to see and recognize the current value. So if you have 100 updates a second, you can set the refresh rate to say 250ms to reduce that to 4 actual display updates.

The usefulness of refresh rate largely depends on the type of updates and how the gauge is used. If the pointer is jumping all around, then 100 updates a second is probably too much for the end-user to gleen any useful information from it. This is were the refresh rate comes in.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.