problem with literals at end of EditMaskTextBox

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Ramiro Caballero
Version: 10.1.0523
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not because I have little experience with Regular Expressions, so I'll post this as a question. First of all, I'm using a trial version of the latest build (10.1.0523) and I have a simple mask that begins with 2 literals and ends with 4 literals so my mask looks like "Q-\d{5}-ABC" and my initial input for this mask is 'Q-12345-ABC'. So when I go to change this number, I'm not allowed to change the "Q-" or the "-ABC" literals as I would expect, but after I make changes to the numeric portion and tab off the EditMaskTextBox, the "-ABC" literal is wiped out from the text box. If I tab back into the text box, it re-appears. Is my mask incorrect? Or is there something else happening here?

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ramiro,

Yes, this is a bug and we'll let you know as soon as we have a fix for it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ramiro,

We've corrected this issue for the upcoming release of WPF Studio.

This bug only applied when MaskedTextBox.PromptIndicatorVisibility was set to FocusedOnly. If you set the Always, then the "-ABC" will be visible (but so will the prompt indicators).

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.