BrushPropertyEditor deployment question

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by EXAKOM
Version: 10.1.0523
Hello,
I am having a weird behaviour with the BrushPropertyEditor.
I have an Editor class attribute on an object, when it's selected, the property grid is supposed to show a color picker control from the BrushPropertyEditor.
On my development computer, it's working fine, but if I test it on a computer where Actipro is not installed, then the property editor is not loaded, and it doesn't load the other class attributes such as the DisplayName and the Category name. So the property appears just as a text with the color code such as #FFE9E9E9 in a misc category.
I was thinking that the 'ActiproSoftware.Editors.Interop.PropertyGrid.Wpf351.dll' was not present, but from what I can see, it's there and using ProcMon, I can see it's being loaded by my program.
So, any idea why I don't have the BrushPropertyEditor shwoing up? :)

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nicolas,

Based on your description, it sounds like the attributes are getting stripped out (either during runtime by some custom code or during some compilation phase like obfuscation). You may try viewing your object in .NET Reflector to see if the attributes are visible/correct.

Unfortunately, we would need something to debug. If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces the issue and email it over to our support address, then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables from the zip archive or rename the extension.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by EXAKOM
I used .Net Reflector, and I can see that the property editor attribute is here.
I will try to build a small project to show the problem.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.