1/4 Gauge (90 degrees only)

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Chris Adler - Senior Developer, GlobalSim
Version: 10.1.0523
I'm trying to design a gauge where the needle is in the bottom right of the control and the scale starts at the bottom left and sweeps in a 90 degree circle to the upper right of the control. Essentially I just want a 1/4 circle.

How do I do this?

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Chris Adler - Senior Developer, GlobalSim
ComponentOne does this with their gauge control. They call it a radial gauge.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Chris,

You can use set the StartAngle and SweepAngle on a CircularScale, to alter what portion of the circle the ranges, pointers, etc in the scale use. We don't currently have a built-in frame for 90 degrees gauges like you are describing.

I've marked down a TODO item to add built-in support for these types of frames in a future release. It is possible to render your own background or use a custom Geometry. The former is accomplished by overriding CircularGauge.OnRender and adding your own custom drawing code. The latter is accomplished by setting the CircularGauge.BackgroundGeometry property and setting CircularGauge.BackgroundType to CustomBackgroundGeometry.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.