Set dock guide as topmost?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Johan
Hi!

When I have rafting turned on and I have a free floating window where the floating window covers the center part of the undlaying DockSite where the dock guide usually shows up, the user can not dock to the dock site properly.
Is there a way to make sure that the dock guide is always the topmost control so that free floating controls always can dock to the DockSite without having to move the window away first to clear the space in the middle of the DockSite and then dock by using the DockGuide?

Regards,

J.

[Modified at 05/23/2011 06:36 AM]

Edit: Here is some sample code:

<Window x:Class="ChromeTabs.MainWindow" 
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:docking="clr-namespace:ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking;assembly=ActiproSoftware.Docking.Wpf351" xmlns:ChromeTabs="clr-namespace:ChromeTabs" Title="MainWindow" Height="600" Width="800">

<docking:DockSite CanDocumentWindowsRaft="True" x:Name="dockSite">
            <docking:Workspace>
                <docking:TabbedMdiHost CanDocumentsCloseOnMiddleClick="True" Name="tabbedMdiHost">
                    <docking:TabbedMdiContainer>
                        <docking:DocumentWindow Title="Tab 1"/>
                        <docking:DocumentWindow Title="Tab 2"/>
                    </docking:TabbedMdiContainer>
                </docking:TabbedMdiHost>
            </docking:Workspace>
        </docking:DockSite>
</Window>
Now try to put the rafting window so that it covers the center of the main window, then try to dock using the dock guide. Then open Visual studio, open two documents and do the same.

Ps. It would also be nice if there was a way to put the document back into the tab area directly just like in visual studio or in google chrome.

[Modified at 05/23/2011 08:40 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Johan,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version that was released today.

I'm not sure what you mean by "It would also be nice if there was a way to put the document back into the tab area directly just like in visual studio or in google chrome.". You should be able to dock the DocumentWindows in the MDI area as well.

[Modified at 05/23/2011 11:27 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Ok! Thats great! I'll check it out.

I mean that I can not change a window from rafting to beeing tabbed by dragging the titlebar next to another window which is tabbed. I have to drag it in the middle of the docking guide och double click the titlebar. ...or is there a switch I have missed?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Johan,

Ah, I understand. That is not currently supported. I've marked down a TODO item to see about adding that feature in the future.

Actipro Software Support

OK!

Thank you.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.