DockSiteLayoutSerializer.SaveToString

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0543
Hi,

I use Actipro to create ribbon bar and create user activated nested toolwindows. Currently I use a program called 'Net Reactor' which obfuscates my code and dll's into a single executable (inc. the relevant Actipro ones), and everything works fine.

What I have done now is to serialize/deserialize the toolwindows by writing the DockSiteLayoutSerializer string to an external text file (which I then read in to restore).

This works OK, however when I obfuscate my application into a single executable and run my application I get a Microsoft error EventType : clr20r3 and by debugging I see that the following line causes the issue:

Dim MetaData = globalWindowsLayout.SaveToString(DockSite)

I have already created globalWindowsLayout as an app wide variable with the following

Dim globalWindowsLayout = New DockSiteLayoutSerializer

Just wanted to check if you have come across any issue before of using the serializer in obfuscated code/executable for any reason, before I also talk with the obfuscation vendor.

Thanks
Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

We are not aware of any issues with obfuscation, but if you are renaming any public members then you will most likely run into issues. In most cases, the XML is generated is based on public properties of our serialization objects.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.