German Qat Menu

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Ray Huger
Version: 11.1.0543
To test the German resources (*.de.resx) in my application I have inserted the following at Application_Startup:

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("de-DE");
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("de-DE");

That works until I drop down the QAT. There I get:

Customize Quick Access Toolbar
(My german commands e.g. Suchen)
More Commands...
Show Below the Ribbon
Minimize the Ribbon

What do I have to do to get the Actipro text in German?

[Modified at 10/11/2011 02:04 PM]

Comments (6)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ray,

Take a look at the "Ribbon Layout, Globalization, and Accessibility Features / Localization" documentation topic. That lists the various control properties that are localizable directly, but even for those that are not, all our UI strings are string resources. So you can use the information in the "Customizing String Resources" documentation topic to customize any of those, such as the ones on the QAT menu.

The String Resource Browser in the Sample Browser lets you see all the string resources in the product and allows you to copy the lines of code to paste in your application to customize them.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Ray Huger
Thanks for pointing me there. It solved my need to translate Ribbon strings like:

ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SRName.UIApplicationButtonLabelText.ToString(), "FileXXX");

but when I try to do the Docking strings I am not successful:
ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.SRName.UICommandAutoHideWindowText.ToString(), "Auto HideXXX");

I have tried placing this in several spots and have had no success. I want Auto Hide for the pushpin. Am I using the right string?
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ray,

It looks like that string resource was not suppose to be included. The correct ones are UICommandToggleWindowAutoHideStateText (which sets the text of the associated routed command) and UIToolWindowContainerAutoHideButtonToolTip (which sets the tooltip of the auto-hide button).

The UICommandAutoHideWindowText resource will be removed in the next release.

Actipro Software Support

Okay I can see I got confused by the multiple entries for "Auto Hide". I need to look at tooltip items. (Sure would be nice if I could click on the column header to sort list and see all Auto Hides next to each other.)

Now my problem is on the tabbed mdi. For Active Files tooltip. I have tried:

ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Docking.SRName.UITabbedMdiContainerDocumentsButtonToolTip.ToString(), "Active FilesXXX");

But that does not work.

Also the UITabbedMdiContainerCloseButtonToolTip does not work for the X close on the right even though the UIToolWindowContainerCloseButtonToolTip works for a ToolWindow.

[Modified at 10/12/2011 09:44 AM]
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ray,

That is the correct the string resource and it seems to be working correctly. From our documentation:

Quote:
Any string resource customizations must be performed at application startup such as in Application.OnStartup, before any UI or controls have been referenced. This must be done since some string resources are used by static class initializers. Therefore your customizations may not be picked up if not set immediately upon application startup before UI classes are referenced.

If you are doing that then please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over. Once we have that we can figure out what the issue is. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

[Modified at 10/12/2011 11:14 AM]

Actipro Software Support

You are right. The string changes I was making for the Ribbon could occur later than the Docking changes. Now I have thaem all at Application.OnStartup.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.