Full Transparency in Docking Window / Custom RaftingWindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Tobias Weihmann
Dear Actipro-support,

I inherited from DockSite and overwrote CreateRaftingWindow(...) in order to set AllowsTransparency for the RaftingWindow to true. Then I changed all backgrounds to transparent. Unfortunately, this way I could not make my window fully transparent (ie. desktop visible through the Rafting window)- the window remained black.

So I suspected that something in RaftingWindow blocks full transparency. This was supported by an earlier comment on this forum "You will probably never get full transparency". However, I continued by replacing RaftingWindow with my own RaftingWindow which implements IRaftingWindow.

Now full transparency indeed works, after some fiddling I also managed sizing and the window can also be docked back to the main window.

Still I got a problem: When I try to move my Window, CreateRaftingWindow() is called again, replacing my window. This does not happen with the normal RaftingWindow. So I guess, that I need to register my window with the RaftingHost, so that DockSite knows that a window already exists.

Using Reflector I notice an internal call
RaftingHost.a((DependencyObject) this, (IRaftingWindow) this) in the constructor of RaftingWindow. However, this is internal. Is there any other way that I could tell DockHost/RaftingHost that the RaftingWindow was succesfully created?

Thank you!
Tobias

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tobias,

We added support to rafting window so that if AllowsTransparency is true, then it will not force a Black background (which was done by the RaftingWindow's based class to support toggling glass support).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Tobias Weihmann
Thank you. In which version was this added, and is there any easy way to override this behaviour in previous versions? (I am not completely free to update the libraries whenever I want)

[Modified at 10/27/2011 01:54 PM]

[Modified at 10/27/2011 01:55 PM]
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately, there is no way to override it. Sorry, I forgot to say we've added this for the next maintenance release, which is not yet out.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.