The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 22 years ago by PDAlien - Sunnyvale, CA
Great to see you are embracing .NET and creating controls. I know you said you might be porting SpiderWriter to use the new .NET controls, but are there any plans for updating it before that?

A new edit control would be great. It's good now, but there is one annoying issue. If I am on a line that is indented, and I am at the end of that line, when I hit HOME, it should go to the beginning of the text after the indent. Right now it goes to the beginning of the entire line, which means I have to manually move the cursor over to where the text starts. TextPad's behavior is correct, and very useful. SpiderWriter is great, but that issue alone makes it a bit annoying to edit indented code. Just a suggestion!

Comments (3)

Posted 22 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I agree with you and that is a feature that is already in our home-grown editor control.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 22 years ago by PDAlien - Sunnyvale, CA
Great! So any approximate times for release? Or are there any updates coming for the current version?
Posted 22 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
After we get a little further along with the components, I'd like update Spider Writer to support ASP.NET.

Actipro Software Support