Auto Hide ToolWindow Headers

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0545
Hi,

I am currently using toolwindows in inner-file mode, so that all toolwindows automatically adjust to the main docksite. All the toolwindows display a header (I have inserted my own custom one).

I am trying to use as much screen space as I can, and one way I can think of doing this is to have an auto-hide type header, where I can switch off all toolwindow headers (and have a button on the ribbon bar to switch on again). Now I can simulate this by setting the .header to nothing, and setting back to my header instance when required - however this means that I have to keep rerendering the contents of my toolwindows as it adjusts in size (for my gfx that are inside the toolwindow, this can cause a delay).

So,is there a way or a planned feature release, where I could have the toolwindow header almost sit at the top of the toolwindow, over actual content. When my cursor leaves the header it disappears, but when my cursor enters the top area of the toolwindow, the header is overlayed at the top. (Therefore the actual content of the toolwindow stays the same and does not need to be resized/rerendered).

I think I can achieve this by using the auto-hide window feature to overlay the header over the top of the toolwindow. but don't know if this means that I would have to have some tab of some sort at the top. (instead of nothing).

Also, by making this a window within the toolwindow, I am presuming I would not then be able to drag the toolwindows by using the header.

Would be grateful for any advice, or if you know if this is possible/done before.

Thanks,
Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

That's not something that is supported out of the box. You would need to creata a custom Style and ControlTemplate for the ToolWindowContainer type, that overlays the title bar over the content. You can take our default Style and tweak it to your needs though.

As long as you give it the proper part name (i.e. "PART_TitleBar") You should still be able to drag from the title bar.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.