The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 19 years ago by Marianne
Thought I had this working but I guess not...

Just need to find out how to allow drag/drop operations onto the DWWorkspace object. Setting the DWManager AllowDrop to true and putting in a DragDrop event handler didn't work. When someone drags a file into the workspace area I want to open that file but am unable to figure out how to implement this. SyntaxEditor has a custom CustomDataObjectText event but don't see anything similar here. What am I doing wrong?

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You probably have to do what you did on DWManager on the DWWorkspace control instead.

Actipro Software Support

The DWWorkspace object does not have a property for AllowDrop and it does not support any events. Is there another way to support drag/drop in the DWWorkspace?

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right... you'd probably have to be a little tricky here since the DWWorkspace is a wrapper class for the Control that is truly the workspace. Right after the DWManager loads and before you load any tool windows you can try iterating through the DWManager's child controls. Look for the one whose Text property is set to "(Workspace)".

Actipro Software Support

That did the trick! Works great. Thanks!