Feature Request Content Dividers

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Martin Wawrusch 2
I came across an annoying little problem:

I want to use content dividers, however the tokens for the content dividers are considered start of block, not end of block. The following sample illustrates this:

context MyOps() : Int32
body: self.A * self.B
pre: self.A > 0

Basically, the content dividers should be directly above body and pre:

--------------------

--------------------

However, this is how it looks now:

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

Regards
Martin
PS: Version 3.0 really rocks. This has finally become a great product.

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

What would you recommend doing to handle this? The problem is that content dividers were meant to be used after the end of a VB proc for example. So that's why they were made to function on end tokens.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Martin Wawrusch 2
The problem here is that the language I am using, OCL, does not have any end tokens (That's what you get when you let a comittee decide about a language). Therefore it seems to be the easiest to simply use the start token as the dividing marker, instead of the end token
I'll add an item to the TODO list to add an option for the allowing of making content dividers before the line that contains the token instead of after.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Is it still on the TODO list to be able to be able to programmatically set content dividers without defining them in the language definition?

A primary example of the need for this goes back to VB. VB will always places a content divider between the declarations section and the first sub/function definitions. There's no way to do this using language definitions.

I've always liked the content divider feature, but I've never implemented it due to the restictions imposed by the language definition requirements. I'd love to be able to set content dividers in my semantic parser just like I define outlining nodes.
Yes, that's the other feature on the TODO list for content dividers.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.