Led lighting effects

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by D
Version: 4.5.0480
It looks like Leds currently only have one type of Led effect...it you uncheck "Is Effect Enabled," the light just looks flat. Checking the box adds a bit of gradient effect to the actual light, but will there be any extra effects in the future? I'd like to achieve similar styles with the Led light itself that I can only currently use on the background or rim. One particular background effect that I'd like to use on the Led light is "CircularTopGradient." Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think this is possible at the moment...but could it be in the future?

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We don't have any plans for additional effects at this time. But, the CircularTopGradient just uses a RadialGradientBrush, which you can replicate in your code. You can use the following resource for the LedForeground:
<RadialGradientBrush x:Key="MyBrush" GradientOrigin="0.5,0.25" RadiusX="1.0" RadiusY="1.0">
    <GradientStop Color="#000044" Offset="0.0" />
    <GradientStop Color="#0000AA" Offset="0.5" />
    <GradientStop Color="#000088" Offset="1.0" />
</RadialGradientBrush>
Also, you can use a DrawingBrush for more complex effects.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by D
Okay, I have my gradient effects the way I want them...for the moment. But is there any way to take away the black line surrounding the Led light itself? I have looked through the properties list and can't find anything that seems to describe or change the color of this line, so I'm not sure what it's attached to or how to change it...
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to remove that black border. I've added two new properties (LedBorderBrush and LedBorderThickness) so that you can customize or remove it as needed. This will be available in the next maintenance release.

[Modified at 12/15/2008 08:10 AM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.