What We Accomplished
This quarter featured several major releases, including 2012.2 versions of our WPF controls and Silverlight controls, along with our first set of UI controls for the WinRT/XAML (Windows 8 app) platform.
The WPF and Silverlight controls received new SyntaxEditor features like a navigable symbol selector control (similar to a type/member list), code snippet selection sessions, structure matching (bracket highlighting), and support for the latest C#/VB specs and improved resolver functionality in the .NET Languages Add-on. Micro Charts on those platforms received new heat map, bullet graph, candlestick chart, and box plot controls. WPF also gained a new Metro Light theme that is inspired from the latest Visual Studio and Office version appearances.
Our first offering of UI controls for .NET Windows 8 apps contains a full-featured version of our Micro Charts product. We've put together a great sample project to show the charts' use in building dashboards, reports, and grids. If you have Windows 8, download a free evaluation and check them out.
What’s Coming Next
We are currently working in several areas. First, we are developing another brand new product that will target WPF, Silverlight, and WinRT/XAML. Second, we are adding more SyntaxEditor features and enhancements to other existing products. Third, we are working on some more ports of our controls to WinRT/XAML.
Blog Post List
Here is a quick categorized list of useful blog postings made in this quarter.
Windows 8 UI Controls
- SyntaxEditor - Move/Select to Matching Bracket
- SyntaxEditor - Delimiter Highlighting
- Bullet Graphs Part 3 - Other Features
- Bullet Graphs Part 2 - Appearance Customization
- Bullet Graphs Part 1 - Introduction
- SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on - Async/Await and Iterators
- Metro Theme Coming to WPF Controls
- Heat Maps Part 3 - Combining Effects
- Heat Maps Part 2 - Size Changing Behavior
- Heat Maps Part 1 - Color Changing Behavior
- SyntaxEditor Navigable Symbol Selector Part 2
- SyntaxEditor Navigable Symbol Selector Part 1