What We Accomplished
In this quarter we added some huge new features to our WPF control products, such as new Metro themes, a window chrome implementation that works on any Window, Office 2013-like Ribbon Backstage, a reimplementation of RibbonWindow, and a lot more. WinRT/XAML (Windows 8), Silverlight, and WinForms products also saw updates.
We have been working on features for 2013.1 versions of our products and should have some more details on what is coming soon.
We also released our Code Writer app for Windows 8, which is a free text and code editor application with lots of customization features and tabbed MDI support. This app allows us to test out the port of SyntaxEditor to WinRT/XAML that we are working on. It also helps us connect more directly with end users to learn more about what features end users are looking for in apps that use SyntaxEditor.
What’s Coming Next
We are currently working on prepping a new product for several platforms as well as new features for existing controls that will appear in the 2013.1 versions of our controls. We are continuing to enhance the Code Writer app as well, and are working on the SyntaxEditor port to WinRT/XAML.
Blog Post List
Here is a quick categorized list of useful blog postings made in this quarter.
Control Product Development
- First Look at SyntaxEditor for WinRT/XAML
- Office 2013-Like Ribbon Backstage for Metro Themes
- RibbonWindow Reimplemented and New Metro White Theme
- WPF WindowChrome Fully Themes Any Window
- MicroBoxPlot Part 3: Appearance Customization
- WinRT XAML Controls for Windows 8 Demo App Released
- MicroBoxPlot Part 2: Minimum and Maximum Display
- MicroBoxPlot Part 1: Introduction
Control Product Releases
- New Maintenance Releases of All Control Products
- WPF Controls 2012.2 Build 571 Released
- Silverlight Controls 2012.2 Build 141 Released
- WinForms Controls 2012.1 Build 303 Released