Code Writer v3.3 was just published to the Microsoft Store and should be available shortly.
- Added: New documents will avoid name collisions with existing open documents.
- Added: Support for opening ColdFusion files from Windows' Open With menu.
- Added: Support for opening .config and .rst files from Windows' Open With menu.
- Added: Copied clipboard text is kept on the clipboard after app exit.
- Changed: Delimiter highlight background to improve visibility.
- Fixed: Focus was not in the editor at app startup.
- Fixed: Consolas was not selected as the default font for new installs.
About Code Writer
Code Writer is a free text and code editing app, downloadable from the Microsoft Store, and is used by thousands of people each day. Version 3.x requires the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) or later.
Want to get the latest news about Code Writer? Follow our @CodeWriterApp Twitter account.
Want to chat with us about Code Writer? Please register to join our Slack workspace and join the #codewriter channel once added.
If you are a Universal Windows app developer, you can download a free evaluation of our Universal Windows Controls to use in your own apps. Code Writer makes use of our SyntaxEditor, Docking/MDI, PropertyGrid, and Editors controls. SyntaxEditor is of particular interest because it lets you add advanced code and text editing to your own apps.