What We Accomplished
This quarter we issued updates to our WPF and Universal Windows control sets. These updates contained a lot of minor enhancements and bug fixes.
On the development side, we've been hard at work on the WPF 2020.1 version. The focus of this version is on modernizing themes across native WPF controls as well as the Actipro controls. We've already posted a lot about WindowChrome updates and more recently ShadowChrome. We'll continue posting more about many other v2020.1 enhancements in the weeks ahead.
What's Coming Next
Our top development priority right now is wrapping up the WPF v2020.1 feature set. We've built a way to dynamically generate themes based on various options you set. This is something we'll dive into in future blog posts. Let me tell you, it's really neat and we can add more customization options in the future.
We've already run through and have improved our themes for nearly all native WPF controls and have started doing the same to Actipro controls. Ribbon has probably received the most visual updates so far. The updates allow it to look just like Office 2019, complete with new animations, and Ribbon also now takes advantage of new WindowChrome features. Keep watching our blog for more info.
Back on the WinForms side of things, we almost have another big maintenance release about ready to go for those controls. We just have some final testing before it's ready to be released.
Blog Post List
- WPF Controls v2019.1 Build 685 Maintenance Release
- UWP Controls 2020.1 Released
- WPF Controls v2019.1 Build 684 Maintenance Release
Control Product Development
- WPF Shadow Chrome
- WPF WindowChrome System Menu Customization
- WPF WindowChrome Title Bar Header Customization
- WPF WindowChrome Title Bar Merging
- WPF WindowChrome Title Bar Menu
- WPF WindowChrome Title Bar User Profile Button
- WPF WindowChrome Title Bar Back Button
- WPF WindowChrome Processing Overlays
- WPF WindowChrome Application Menu Overlays